How cool is this DIY wine cork heart?!?! When I first decided to make this I had two grocery bags full of corks and it was only enough to fill the bottom section on the heart. In the end I used over 300 corks. While I love wine I would have needed to drink one bottle every day for almost a year to fill this up. So instead I asked friends, family and my favorite winery for their corks. You can always make a smaller heart which will take fewer corks. Here is a step by step guide to make your own DIY wine cork heart!
What you’ll need:
- A strong, preferably blank piece of cardboard
- A large piece of paper
- Pen or pencil
- Scissors or an exacto knife
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Wine corks (number varies based on what you are making)
What you'll do:
- Fold piece of paper in half and starting at crease draw one half a heart
- Cute out the half heart, unfold paper, and now you have a perfectly symmetrical heart
- Tape the heart onto the cardboard and trace around it
- Using scissors or exacto knife cut out the traced heart
- Optional – using a sharpie or marker color the cardboard the color of your choice so that any gaps between corks will show that color
- Using your glue gun place enough glue to cover the top of the cork. Glue the top of the cork to the board so the red wine corks display their red stained bases.
- Start at the top or bottom of the heart and work your way up. Along the edges let a bit of the cork hang over so you fully hid the cardboard.
You can display your DIY wine cork heart on a wall, at a wedding, or use as a cork board to pin things on. This is a fun DIY project and a great excuse to drink more wine J